Little Bunny

IMG_1273

Still not quite finished, this is just waiting for embroidery and closures.   The closures, pewter sweater clasps, will be here sometime next week. The embroidery is still being pondered possibly something from some vintage Aunt Martha’s embroidery transfers.

I can’t say entirely how this would have worked up according to the directions, what I made bears a limited resemblance to the original VFT Molly because of the alternate patterns for the hood and pockets and then the changes I made on top of it.  One piece of advice I can give on the hood pattern is that it isn’t sized down well to toddler sizes.  It’s pretty gigantic and the ears always flop forward because of how they are attached.  They were way too long for the little kids sizes.

IMG_1268

You may be able to see the blue mark on the left ear here, which marks the 3 1/2″ I cut off the bottom of each to make them fit better on A’s little head.  When they are much shorter they don’t flop past A’s face.

IMG_1275

They are rolled at the bottom to help them stand, but that isn’t really enough o make them stand up straight because the seam is backward into the main hood rather than into the hood trim.

When I brought this down for A to try on O asked if he would get a coat (I was carefully non-committal.)  and A picking up this one, said “I want this one.”   That’s one for the win column, now we’ll have to see if she’ll actually wear it once it is done.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Clothing, kids, Quilting, Sewing, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s